Tuesday 12 March 2013

Editing Big Ben image for DVD

The next image that I will be editing is the image of Big Ben. The image will be appearing on the front of the DVD  and also will stand out to people.


The first thing that I do is open up the big ben image and then select the polygon lasso tool this again is due to the image consisting of straight lines I am able to easily but quickly select the part of the image that I would like to select.















Once I have selected the part of the image I would like to have on the front of the DVD I then copy the selected area.














 
I then paste the selected area on a new page however I still notice that some of the background is still shown as this is due to the awkward corners and curves of the Big Ben tower.
















 I then select the lasso tool in which is a free forming tool and therefore this will then help me select all the rest of the background that I would like to delete but also help me get into the awkward corners of the image.
















Once I have deleted the areas that I do not wish to have I am left witha perfect image of just the Big Ben tower. I then save the image for later use when I insert this image on the front of the DVD.




No comments:

Post a Comment