Monday 6 May 2013

Adding titles over clips


Adding titles over clips














Now that I have added the trimmed sections on to the sequence, I am now going to be adding titles over some of the clips.












First of all I make a folder ready for the titles to go into. 














I then go to the top panel to where it says ‘Title’ then down to ‘New Title’. When I go to ‘New Title’ there a few options that I can select which is default still, default roll and default crawl. For this instance I need default still as I want my title to be still as will be adding affects. 














After I have chosen ‘Default Still’ it then come up with a box about the width and height and also the name of the title. I keep width and height same and just change the title to a more appropriate name. 


  













  
Once I have clicked on ‘OK’, it then comes up where I can start adding text that I wish to have on the trailer. 


  














I then type what I wish to have on the trailer. The font that I have chosen to go with is ‘Lithos Pro’, this is because this font really compliments the trailer and the text looks quite professional too. I have chosen to go with the colour ‘blue’ as this is a colour I have used throughout even on the DVD label and case. 















I then drag and drop the title into the ‘Titles’ folder.














I then place the title in the position I wish to have it on the sequence. 












 

With the title that I have just placed on the sequence I wish to now add an effect, so I go to the table of ‘Effects’ where I can choose for many effects and transitions.

 
  










In this instance I go to video transition as I want the title to have movement when it appears on the screen. 














After analysing the transitions I have chosen to go with ‘Slash Slide’ as the effect goes well with the trailer. 














I then drag and drop that effect on the title section to add this effect. 


  










I then repeat the previous steps for the titles that appear at the end of the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment