Wednesday 1 May 2013

Using the Clipping Mask on the DVD label



Using the Clipping Mask on the DVD label






Now that I have succesfully completed my DVD label I now need to clip the label so that the outer background is gone and I am then just left with the DVD label.

















To be able to clip the DVD label I need to use the 'Ellipse Tool', I select this by going to the right hand panel and clicking on 'Ellipse Tool' icon.











I make an ellipse which is the same size as the outer guide of the DVD Label and therefore by doing this it will remove the background outside the label and cotnain what is stored on the DVD label.


















After creating the ellipse I then postion the ellipse so that it matches and goes on top of the outer guide lines.

















I then highlight everything on the screen , however ensuring that I am on the layer of the ellipse I have just created.


















I then right click and go to where it says 'Make Clipping Mask', this will then turn the ellipse into a clipping mask in whcih will remove background and just keep the label itself.
















After I have clicked on 'Make Clipping Mask' , it then just remains the DVD label and therefore I have successfully clipped the DVD label. Just like the DVD case the logos and age rating are place holders as these would need to be professionally licensed and verified to be able to have on the DVD label.

No comments:

Post a Comment