Monday 6 May 2013

Trimming Videos in Adobe Premiere


Trimming Videos in Adobe Premiere


Now that I have all the videos, images and audio imported I now need to start trimming the videos to the section that I wish to have in my one minute trailer for ‘The Pursuit’. Down below shows you how I trimmed the videos. 














First of all I select the video I wish to trim within Adobe Premiere. 














I then drag and drop the video on to the sequence timeline. 














Once I have placed the video on the sequence I then go the left hand side panel to the ‘Razor Tool’, I am using the ‘Razor Tool’ as this easily splits up the video into more easier manageable sections. 


 










I then use the ‘Razor Tool’ in order to split up the video into sections. 














Some of the sections that I have split up with the ‘Razor Tool’ I do not need at the moment so I select the ‘Selection Tool’ in order to delete these sections from the sequence.  I am using the ‘Selection Tool’ as with this tool is it very easy to select clips that you want to move or delete. 


  










I then click on the section I wish to delete and right click and go to ‘Cut’. 














As you can see the section now has been successfully deleted. 


  










I then repeat the previous steps until I then have the section that I wish to have in my trailer. 












However with this section the there is also the audio part but I wish to not have the audio included so firstly I select the section and then right click and click ‘Unlink’, this will then separate the video with the audio and therefore I will then be able to delete the audio and just keep the video part. 


  










Now that I have deleted the audio, I am now just left with the video in which is what I wish to have. 














I then just drag and drop the section that I have trimmed into the ‘Clips Folder’ and rename to a suitable name.

Down below is an alternative way in order to trim clips within Adobe Premiere. 


  










Firstly I select the video I wish to clip and drag to the left screen to preview. With this video I want to clip the first section as it starts to play. 













As the video starts to play I pause and go to the beginning of the video and click on the ‘Mark In’ icon. This then places a marker for the start of the trim. 


 










I then click on the ‘Mark Out’ icon and this then places a marker to end the trim of the video. 


  











Once I have done this a green bar appears on the video which highlights the section I wish to trim.


I now want to drag and drop the section into the folder but I have a few options. The first option is just simply drag and drop the video into folder as previously done with the other trimmed clip.



















Another option is that I can click on this icon and this will then just drag and drop just the video.
  
















The final option is just to drag and drop the audio of the section. 























The option I chose was just the video only so I click on the icon and then drag and drop the trimmed section into the correct folder I wish to store it in. I rename the section to a suitable name. I know that I have successfully copied just the video as the icon next to the file name just shows the purple clip image.
  





















I then use the two trimming methods to get all the sections I need for the trailer. Now I can start placing them on the sequence to start producing the one minute trailer for ‘The Pursuit’.



No comments:

Post a Comment